We're writing to tell you about several changes to the 2021 TDA Meeting. We are excited to still be able to bring people together this year, both in-person and virtually, May 7-8. Registration and housing will open later this month at www.TDAmeeting.com.
Due to physical distancing requirements, we have streamlined the in-person event and our CE course line-up. All courses will also be offered online. We're working closely with the City of San Antonio to make this the safest TDA Meeting possible for those who join us at the Henry B. Gonzalez Center, which includes reduced in-person capacity. For everyone who will join us remotely, we’re pleased to offer our first-ever digital TDA Meeting experience.
Some major changes include:
- The TDA Meeting will be held only on Friday, May 7th and Saturday, May 8th. There will be no courses on Thursday.
- We have streamlined all CE courses into a Morning Track and an Afternoon Track, for each category of attendee (Dentist, Hygienist, Assistant, and Office Staff). Speakers will rotate into the rooms for each track.
- On-site, hands-on courses will have substantially reduced capacity of approximately 24 people per course. Please sign up early, as space is extremely limited. Seating for on-site courses is limited and is first-come, first-served.
- Each course will be livestreamed for virtual attendees. All credits apply when participating in live sessions. These courses are live, interactive webinars during which course participants can communicate directly with the instructor (eg, Q & A), in real time. (Courses will also be recorded for later viewing.)
- There will be no on-site registration. You must register online, before attending. Registration will open this month.
- The City of San Antonio and Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center are enacting enhanced safety measures, including increased sanitation, health screenings, touchless doors and lights, and physical distancing. PPE will be required.
- There will be no in-person receptions or happy hours at the TDA Meeting; however, local restaurants continue to offer various dining options.
- We are pleased to have some of our most engaging speakers to MC our courses. Elijah Desmond and Mike DiTolla bring big personalities, big insights, and big fun—and we are excited for them to join us.
We will keep sharing new information as it becomes available. In the meantime, know that the TDA Council on Annual Meeting and Continuing Education Programs (CAMCEP) is working hard to bring the best and safest experience to all attendees. We look forward to having you, whether you're joining us on-site, or digitally!
Dr. Dean Hutto, CAMCEP chair